Best preventive dentistry in Visakhapatnam
Maintenance of oral hygiene has to be practiced from an early age. The daily routines of brushing and flossing twice are the simplest form of preventive dentistry. Visiting a dentist with 6 months follow up is another way of preventing oral diseases. Children benefit most from the preventive dentistry protocol which as it allows their newly developed adult teeth to come strong and healthy. Preventive dentistry aims to prevent initiation and progress of dental diseases, limits their complications and also to provide rehabilitation. For more details visit Best preventive dentistry in Visakhapatnam
- Pit and fissure sealants – Sealants are a safe and painless way to prevent tooth decay. Sealants are applied in the deep fissures and pits of back teeth (molars and premolars) which have pit and fissures on the chewing surface and are more susceptible to decay. In this, a protective barrier is placed on the tooth surface which keeps the tooth safe from decays.
- Fluoride application – Fluoride is a mineral that increases the strength of teeth and also prevents decay and can be recommended in both children and adults. Fluoride gel is applied on trays and then placed on the teeth wherein it forms a strong layer thereby making the teeth resistant to decays.
- Enameloplasty – In this procedure, the deep fissures and fossas are broadened which prevents food lodgement thereby preventing decay. As a result, during chewing the food particles are swept away from the surface preventing the possibility of decay. For more details visit Best preventive dentistry in Visakhapatnam
Best preventive dentistry in Visakhapatnam
Prevention of Gum Diseases
- Oral prophylaxis – A simple procedure of professional cleaning of teeth dislodges the plaque deposits on the teeth and hence maintains the health of the gums. This procedure should be done at an interval of 6 months.
- Serial extraction – It’s a planned extraction of certain deciduous teeth and specific permanent teeth to guide the erupting permanent teeth into a favorable position. This prevents the possibility of crowding in the future. This is usually done during the age of 8 to 9 years.
Space maintainers – Space maintainers are custom made appliances which are placed to maintain space for the erupting permanent teeth.
- In cases of early loss of deciduous teeth, either because of caries, trauma or early shedding of milk/ primary teeth the space for the upcoming permanent tooth can be lost, if the posterior teeth move forward.
- In order to save this migration of adjacent teeth into this empty space, space maintainers are given. These are a preventive appliance to ensure no complication in the eruption of teeth. For more details visit Best preventive dentistry in Visakhapatnam
- Helps in the maintenance of the health of gums and teeth.
- Prevents the occurrence of cavities.
- Prevents gum diseases.
- Prevents or reduces the chances of upcoming malalignment of teeth.
Preventive Dentistry is for all. Starting right from childhood when the teeth are just emerging to the stage when one might have a chance of losing their teeth or have lost some. In kids, they help in preventing the teeth from getting decayed and also helps your newly grown permanent teeth to stay strong and fit. In growing adults, this keeps the permanent teeth healthy which eventually can be a reason for healthy living. Because Oral Health is a window to your overall health, therefore, keeping your teeth protected ensures healthy living and more years to your age. For more details visit Best preventive dentistry in Visakhapatnam
- Brushing twice a day is a first and foremost step in keeping your teeth healthy, make it a habit. And ensure that you brush before going to the bed as this helps to fight off the bacteria that stay overnight and can harm your tissues.
- Floss daily. This helps to clean off the particles stuck between your teeth which can be a reason for the cavity. Flossing helps to get rid of these particles making your teeth healthy.
- Rinse after every meal. This is done to ensure that there aren’t any food particles stuck on your gums. This keeps your mouth clean which eventually leads to healthy teeth.
- Eat a balanced diet. This will help your teeth to get the required nutrients. Drink plenty of water and avoid carbonated drinks. Get a diet which includes all the vitamins and minerals as they are important for your teeth.
- Visit a dentist. Along with practicing the routine as mentioned above, visit a dentist every 6 months for a routine check-up. Your dentist will help you to know whether the practices you are following are good enough or do you need to be extra careful about your oral health.
Individuals with good oral health can visit a dentist once annually, while patients with a bad oral health history must visit a dentist every six months to ensure good oral hygiene. Find an expert dentist for your oral health at your nearest Manohar Dental Clinic. For more details visit Best preventive dentistry in Visakhapatnam
It is recommended to visit a dentist every six months to ensure good oral hygiene for your children and for early identification of developing infections or diseases. For more details visit Best preventive dentistry in Visakhapatnam
Yes, fluoride is completely safe in the quantity it is present in tap water and toothpaste commonly used. It actually helps in strengthening teeth, maintaining good oral hygiene, and preventing cavities. For more details visit Best preventive dentistry in Visakhapatnam
Gum diseases are caused due to poor oral hygiene that leads to plaque formation on the surface of teeth. It can be prevented by regular brushing, flossing and healthy eating habits. Patients experiencing gum infection can visit a dentist for teeth cleaning that can help in the removal of plaque with ease. For more details visit Best preventive dentistry in Visakhapatnam